America’s Best Idea – the national parks – get even better with free admission on Free Entrance Days (AKA Fee-Free Days) in the National Parks. Admission to more than 100 national parks, that usually charge entrance fees, will be free on these days in 2013:
- April 22 thru 26 — National Park Week
- August 25 — National Park Service Birthday
- September 28 — National Public Lands Day
- November 9 thru 11 — Veterans Day Weekend
CLICK HERE to visit the National Park Service Free Entrance Days website. In addition to free admission to all 401 national parks on Free Entrance Days, many national park-related businesses and destinations offer special discounts and added value promotions on Free Entrance Days.
All national park-related Free Entrance Day offers are listed here for FREE. NPPC members are highlighted.
- Grand Canyon National Park, AZ – Save 50% on lodging at the Canyon Motel & RV Park in Williams, Arizona. Stay one night in this route 66 property & get 50% off the second night stay on nights that overlap a Fee-Free Day in 2013. To redeem this offer, call 928-635-9371 and mention “National Park Fee-Free Days”. Offer good for Motel Rooms, Train Car Rooms, RV spaces and Tents sites and also includes local meal discounts. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer or discount.
- Lake Mead NRA, AZ - Save 15% on lodging at the Temple Bar Marina Motel on any stay of one night or more that overlaps a Fee-Free Day in 2013. To redeem this offer, call 928-767-3211 and mention National Park Fee-Free Days. Cannot be combined with other offers.
- Lake Mead National Recreation Area, NV – Between April 22 and April 26, entrance into Lake Mead is completely free in celebration of National Park Week. To make your week even better, get 15% off all adult fares on any cruise at Lake Mead Cruises through April 26 (use promo code NPW when booking). Cannot be combined with other offers. Book online at www.lakemeadcruises.com.
- Golden Gate NRA, CA – Adventures at Sea: Life Aboard a 19th Century Sailing Ship occurs April 20 at the San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park. In the living history program, children experience a sailor’s life aboard historic vessels.
- Redwood National and State Park area, CA – 2 for 1 all day bike rentals that overlap a Fee-Free Day in 2013 at Redwood Adventures (Elk Meadow). To redeem this offer, call 866-733-9637and mention “National Park Fee-Free Days”. Cannot be combined with other offers. Visit www.redwoodadventures.com for more information.
- Sequoia National Park, CA – Sequoia Shuttle is offering a 20% discount off their regular $15 shuttle service fare, on National Park Day, Aug. 25. To redeem this offer, visit www.SequoiaShuttle.com. The fare will be discounted to $12, automatically for the August 25th date. Or call 1-877-Bus-Hike for more info. Offer is available on a first come first serve basis and cannot be combined with other offers.
- Yosemite National Park, CA – SAVE 10% on an Incredible Adventure to Yosemite National Park. Incredible Adventures (www.incadventures.com) operates petroleum-free (biodiesel), small-group, guided tours from San Francisco to: Yosemite, Muir Woods and the Napa/Sonoma Wine Country. Day tours and overnight tours (including accommodations) are available. Book any Yosemite National Park day tour and receive a 10% discount during National Park Week. The offer also applies to Incredible Adventures’ overnight Yosemite hotel tours on departures that same week (limited according to space availability). To reserve your trip, call (415) 642-7378 or (800) 777-8464, or visit www.incadventures.com and use promo code “PARKWEEK” to get the discount. Additional questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Yosemite National Park, CA – California Parlor Car Tours of San Francisco is offering discounts and savings on several lodging/bus and bus only trips to Yosemite National Park. These offers are valid overlapping any Fee-Free Day in 2013. 1) Save 10% on overnight tours that stay one to two nights inside Yosemite Valley. Lodging is available at Yosemite Lodge, The Ahwahnee or Curry Village. The tour includes choice of a Yosemite Valley Floor or Glacier Point tour ($25 minimum, subject to availability). 2) Save 10% on overnight tours that stay one to two nights in El Portal (west entrance) at Yosemite View Lodge. Transportation to/from Yosemite Valley is available by YARTS and tours may be obtained separately in Yosemite Valley. ($25 minimum, subject to availability). 3) Save $25 per person on One-Day Tours from San Francisco. These tours arrive in Yosemite Valley at midday, stopping at Tunnel View and with free time spent in Yosemite Valley until 4 p.m. And, 4) Save $15 on transportation only between SF and Yosemite or return. This trip is a popular choice of campers, hikers and visitors who have secured their own rooms and only need transportation to Yosemite or returning to San Francisco. For reservations and these special savings, call 415-474-7500 and ask for the “Fee-Free Days Discount.” California Parlor Car Tours is located at 500 Sutter Street, Suite 401 in San Francisco.
- Everglades and Biscayne National Parks, FL – Special discounts of up to 15% off regular rates (Apr. – Sept. 2013) are offered to Friends of the National Parks at the Hampton Inn & Suites – Miami South / Homestead, located five miles from Biscayne National Park and 10 miles from Everglades National Park. The lodgings are conveniently located for day trips to the national parks. Includes free hot breakfast, daily. When making your reservation, refer to Biscayne National Park or Client ID 0002724568 or Everglades National park or Client ID 0002724221. To make reservations, call: 1-800-HAMPTON or mail: email@example.com. For more information, visit: www.HamptonInnHomestead.com.
- Everglades and Biscayne National Parks, FL - Special discounts of up to 15% off regular rates (Apr. – Sept. 2013) are offered to Friends of the National Parks at the Courtyard by Marriott – Miami Homestead, located five miles from Biscayne National Park and 10 miles from Everglades National Park. Free high-speed internet access is included. The Courtyard is conveniently located for day tripping to South Florida National Parks and a convenient gateway to the Florida Keys. When making your reservation, refer to Biscayne National Park or Rate Plan: BISC (King Bed) BISD (2 Queens) or Everglades National Park or Rate Plan: EVEO (King Bed) EVEP (2 Queens). To make reservations Call: 1-800-321-2211 or 305-257-4333 or email: CourtyardHomestead@Marriott.com. For more information, visit: www.CourtyardHomestead.com
- Everglades NP, Florida – Buy one Shark Valley Tram Tour and get another of equal or lesser value, FREE on any Fee-Free Day in 2013. Shark Valley Tram Tours offers two hour, naturalist-led tours through the northern region of Everglades National Park. Visitors on board the open air tour are introduced to the “River of Grass” and the wildlife inhabiting it. At the midway point of the trip, explorers have the opportunity to stroll up the spiral rampway and platform of the Shark Valley observation tower, allowing a panoramic view of the heart of the Everglades. To obtain the discount, refer to the “Fee-Free Days Two for One Discount.” Tour reservations may be made at the Shark Valley tour center or by calling (305) 221-8455. The Shark Valley entrance of Everglades National Park is located on U.S. Highway 41 (Tamiami Trail,) 25 miles west of the Florida Turnpike (SR 821,) or 39 miles east of SR 29.
- Carlsbad Caverns, NM - Free entry to Carlsbad Caverns National Park on Fee-Free Days includes access to the self-guided Big Room and the world-famous caverns via the elevator or a one-mile walk down the natural entrance. Additional fees and reservations are required for special ranger-guided cavern tours of King’s Palace, Left Hand Tunnel, Lower Cave, Spider Cave, Hall of the White Giant and Slaughter Canyon Cave with fees varying from $3.50 to $20. Winter hours apply during National Park Week (8 a.m. to 5 p.m., daily, with last entry via the natural entrance at 2 p.m. and via the elevators at 3:30 p.m. For more information on park tours, call 575-785-2232.
- Roosevelt-Vanderbilt NHSs – Free admission to the home of President Franklin D. Roosevelt and Eleanor Roosevelt (Val-Kill) as well as the Vanderbilt Mansion occurs during National Park Week (Apr. 22 – 26). Tours of the homes reveal fascinating facts about the properties. Did you know that President Roosevelt planted 400,000 trees and that Frederick Vanderbilt played the banjo? Thank goodness it wasn’t the other way around. Can you imagine a banjo-playing president? Though, a tree-planting industrialist would have been a breath of fresh air.
- Buffalo Bill Village, Cody WY – Save 50% on lodging at the Buffalo Bill [Cabin] Village, Cody on any stay of one night or more that overlaps the Fee-Free Day of August 25 and September 28, 2013. To redeem this offer, call 307-587 5544 and mention “National Park Fee-Free Days”. Cannot be combined with other offers. From May 1 through September 30, 2013 receive a 25% discount off any reservation at the hotel.
- Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Park Areas, WY – Save 15% on lodging at Yellowstone Vacation Rentals in Gardiner, MT. A variety of three different cabins/homes are available at the north entrance of Yellowstone: www.yellowstonevacationrental.net To redeem this offer and other offers, call 406-223-7939 and mention “National Park Fee-Free Days”.
ONLINE AND MOBILE
- Chimani Releases Five National Park Mobile Apps During National Park Week – Chimani, the leading developer of mobile apps for national parks, will release five new national park apps (Grand Teton, Glacier, Olympic, Sequoia/Kings Canyon and Bryce Canyon) and introduce new features, including: an augmented reality viewer, crowd-sourced maps, and a social-sharing tool for park visitors during National Parks Week. The Chimani apps are available for iPhone, iPad, Amazon Kindle and Android devices. They can be downloaded directly fromApple’s iTunes App Store, Google Play and Amazon AppStore (keyword: “chimani”). Founded in 2010, Chimani apps have totaled over 450,000 downloads and rank #1 in each of the major app marketplaces for individual parks. For more information visit http://www.chimani.com or view the app demo filmed in the Grand Canyon National Park: https://vimeo.com/58183356